Whether as part of new home construction, an addition, garage, or home improvement, your roof is an investment that must be taken seriously. Using strong, long-lasting materials will ensure a long lifespan for your Massachusetts roof, which is a last line of defense for your home or business. In today’s blog, we wanted to explore the benefits of metal roofing for your Boston property, not the least of which is its ability to last 50 years or more.
Pioneers in Metal Roofing
Here are some reasons why you should choose metal roofing for your next project:
- It’s Lightweight – You can actually have a metal roof installed over your existing rooftop without adding any support. It may even be able to be installed directly over an existing asphalt shingle roof, which in turn saves you the expense of tear-off and disposal.
- It’s Very Durable – With regular and proper maintenance, metal roofs can last for more than 50 years. Nearly impenetrable, metal roofs are rust-, rot-, and insect-resistant. Plus, it can resist impact damage from tree branches and hail as well.
- It’s Always in Style – Today’s metal roofs are not the corrugated sheets you remember being used on barns and sheds in years past. Standing-seam metal roofing is now the most common option around, but there are other styles to choose from. Some options can resemble the look of materials such as clay tiles, slate, and wood shakes. There are many styles to suit your home’s architectural style.
- It Saves You $$$ on Energy Costs – Metal roofs are cool roofs, meaning they reflect sunlight. The less heat that is absorbed through the roof means your home will need less indoor cooling. In turn, this reduces your monthly energy consumption and costs. Bare metal roofing options such as copper are naturally reflective, while other options can be painted white or feature special reflective coatings.
- It’s Low Maintenance – Metal roofs don’t require as much maintenance as asphalt shingle roofs. This means you don’t have to spend as much money, time and resources on frequent roofing maintenance.
- It’s Environmentally-Friendly – New metal roofing features more than 50 percent recycled content, while discarded metal roofing is 100 percent recyclable. Even the fasteners are recyclable. This helps reduce landfill congestion. So, if you are an environmentally-conscious homeowner, you will be glad to know only a tiny fraction of your old roofing system will end up in a landfill somewhere
As you can see, there are many benefits to choosing metal roofing for your addition or new home construction!
Contact AD Construction Located in Boston, MA
Quality general contractor installing metal roofs since 1988 in the Boston Metro area: South End, Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Dorchester, Cambridge, Brookline, Newton and Milton, MA area
To learn more about metal roofing and why it may be right for you, call us at 877-345-BUILD (2845) or fill out our online form.